By cheap, we mean around 12 Euros for a proper Catalonian lunch including wine. By more expensive, we mean a cosy restaurant by the sea. And by exclusive, we mean for instance El Cellar de Can Roca in Girona, which requires making a reservation long before you want to visit, if you want to stand a chance of getting a table. At the moment, this is the best restaurant in the world.
Meals are a serious business in Spain, the lunch-break lasts from one till four during which time almost all shops are closed but the restaurants are open. And then you can shop till past eight in the evening. After which you will sit down to dinner, generally not before nine.
We like nothing more than trying out new restaurants. And wherever you may be going for a daytrip, we will be able to give you tips on where to eat.
Restaurants and exciting eateries
- La Carpa, Lake of Banyoles
- Can Mia, Palol de Revardit
- Els Jardins de la Merce, Girona
- Txalaka, Girona
- Castell d’Emporda in La Bisbal
- El Cellar de Can Roca, best restaurant in the world, Girona
By the sea:
- Les Muscleres, Ruines Empuries
- Tragamar, Calella de Palafrugell
- Es Dofin, Tamariu
- Compartir, Cadaques
- Cap de Creus, end of the world